Below are our frequently asked questions which we have split into three sections to make it easier to find what you are looking for. Section 1 is dedicated to submitting manuscripts for publishing consideration. Section 2 is our general site FAQs which covers everything else.
Section 1 – Submitting manuscripts for consideration
Do I need an agent to get my book published?
- No you don’t. We accept submissions from anyone who has a completed literary work they want to see published.
What format should my book be in?
- All pages or files should be double spaced, 12pt and font type should be Arial, Calibri, Courier New or Times New Roman. Handwritten submissions are not accepted. All printed documents should be on white A4 pages and be single-sided.
How much of a manuscript do I need to send for consideration?
- We accept the submission of the first chapter of novels and works of non-fiction or the first ten pages of a short story or poetry collection. We also expect a covering letter to accompany any submission detailing a synopsis of the complete work and some information about you. The covering letter should not be longer than one side of A4. If submission is being made by post, then please include a self-addressed envelope so that manuscripts can be returned.
But my first chapter isn’t enough for you to really get to grips with my book; you need to read the whole thing!
- Any first chapter that doesn’t engage the reader is not going to be very popular in what is an increasingly competitive market. Any submissions of manuscripts that do not comply with the formatting and volume specifications will not be considered.
Can I submit my work by post or by email?
- Either is acceptable. All submissions via email should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the body of the email acting as the covering letter. If you want to submit your work by post, then please contact us for the correct address to send it to.
Do I need to pay for anything?
- No, if you are submitting a document for consideration for publication we do not accept or request any form of payment.
When will I know if my book has been accepted?
- We will notify you within twelve weeks of having received your submission if we wish to see the rest of the manuscript or informing you that we cannot currently represent you.
Section 2 – General FAQs
I can’t find what I am looking for!
- If you can’t find what you are looking for then please contact us and we shall help as much as we can.
I want to contact the authors directly but can’t find any information about how to.
- We do not provide personal contact information for any of the authors we represent. If you wish to contact them please us the contact us form and we shall pass on any appropriate comments to them.
How do I organise a blog tour or author appearance with your authors?
- Any request for author appearances, blog tours or signings should be made through our contact us page.
I want to arrange an author visit, how do I do this?
- Visit our book an author page for more details on how to book an author for an event or an author visit.